Ruth Ploski is a Nationally Board Certified Reflexologist. She works with chronic and acute conditions as well as preventative health and pregnancy. Compassionate and intuitive in her method, Ruth embraces a whole-body approach to healthcare.
- With a background in education, Ruth became interested in reflexology in 2007 while researching the work of Dr. John Upledger and his craniosacral and myofascial release therapies. Her curiosity in applying these techniques to the feet, led to a new and rewarding career in the practice of reflexology. She began her training at Branch Reflexology Institute, in Lansing, Michigan which teaches the classical world-renown Ingham Method of reflexology. While at the Institute, Ruth studied under Barbara Bower, respected for her work as lead reflexologist on two NIH funded grants studying the effects of reflexology on women with breast cancer undergoing chemotherapy. Ruth also uses Barbara Bower's Body Talks method of reflexology which focuses on mind-body connections and emotional release. Ruth went on to study under Mauricio Kruchik, chair of the Israeli Forum of Reflexology and respected worldwide for his work in fertility and maternity reflexology as well as pain management. More recently, Ruth has studied the application of Traditional Chinese Medicine to the practice of reflexology through the school of Chi Reflexology in Sydney, Australia. Ruth is a member of the Reflexology Association of America and the American Reflexology Certification Board. Contact Ruth: email@example.com
- Recommended by midwives and physicians, Ruth uses reflexology to provide healthy support during pre-pregnancy, pregnancy and childbirth.
- Reflexology is a gift of wellness for every stage of life.
- On-site employee "reflexology days" for boosting productivity, health and morale.
- Ruth works with a wide variety of health conditions and challenges. Her clients include infants, children, adults, the elderly and professional athletes.
- For her private clients, Ruth encourages sessions post-surgery to aid in a complete and efficient recovery.
- Ruth sees clients weekly at both her Wixom and Birmingham offices.
What is a reflexology session like?
The first session includes an overview of your health, your health goals, answering your questions and then about 50 minutes of hands-on reflexology. You then remove your footwear and lean back in a comfortable anti-gravity chair that will take you to a reclining position. Music is optimized for complete relaxation. Ruth uses a gentle and precise touch, stimulating the thousands of nerve endings in the feet. Based on your needs, Ruth uses her experience, intuitiveness and training to relax the body, relieve tension, increase nerve and blood supply to specific areas and stimulate homeostasis. Clients are often surprised and amazed at the positive feelings and whole body stimulation they experience during and after a session.Many fall asleep within minutes of the session and wake up relaxed and refreshed. For total body healthcare, Ruth encourages four weekly reflexology sessions as a starting point for advanced health and balance.
What is the History of Reflexology?
This link provides information on the interesting history of reflexology.